These garments are constructed with the same lightweight Yamamoto neoprene featured in all 2XU wetsuits. 2XU’s unique patented SCS (super composite skin) material was developed specifically for elite sports performance, with a specially processed coating applied over our patented closed-cell neoprene rubber. This coating delivers a micellar surface that repels water when in contact with air, and has hydrophilic properties for ultra-low resistance under water.
The YEEZY design team loved the look and feel of this matte-finish fabric, and wanted to include this technology in the YEEZY range. The fit of these garments is optimised with superior flexibility and the lightweight feel of 2XU's SCS material, delivering great coverage with a low-profile look and feel. The superior heat retention of the SCS material keeps the body warm, decreasing fatigue and improving performance. GBS (glue bind stitching) construction provides a waterproof, seamless finish and a streamlined silhouette - the glued seams you see on these garments are just the way they're intended. The silicone waistband gripper secures the garment in place on the hips, while the jersey backing provides a soft feel against the skin. These garments are the culmination of superior fabric technology with cutting-edge fashion design, delivering the ideal balance of performance and style.
- Enhanced flexibility
- GBS (glue bind stitching) construction
- 1.5mm nano SCS neoprene
- Optimised body fit and movement
- Lightweight neoprene Used in all 2XU performance wetsuits.
- SCS (super composite skin) Our unique patented SCS material developed specifically for top-flight international athletic competitions features a specially processed coating applied over our patented closed-cell neoprene rubber.
- Ultra-low resistance The specially processed coating of our SCS results in a mi cellar surface that repels water when in contact with air and exhibits hydrophilic properties when under water.
- Superior moldability and enhanced comfort The body fit is optimised with the superior moldability of our SCS material. This provides enhanced comfort and further reduces water resistance while also allowing for an unprece dented range of movement while swimming or diving. The expan sion ratio of the materials is seven times greater than that of conventional wetsuit materials and the difference is ap parent even before you get in the water through the ease in wearing the suit.
- High heat retention Due to the superior heat retention of our SCS material,the body is kept warmer, decreasing body fatigue and improving performance.