Known for pushing the boundaries of ski racing, Ted Ligety began skiing at age 2 in Park City Utah, and was racing by age 10 as a member of the Park City Ski Team.
Ted’s early achievements included his first World Cup in 2003 and a slalom silver at the 2004 Junior World Championships. At age 18, Ted became a member of the U.S. Ski Team, and in 2006 he won the gold medal at the Olympic Games in Torino, Italy.
Ted’s determination and passion for the sport is evident on and off the slopes — he is also President of SHRED Optics, a line of cutting-edge goggles, sunglasses, and helmets.
- Olympic Champion, Sochi, 2014
- Olympic Champion, Torino, 2006
- 3X Overall World Cup Giant Slalom champion, 2008, 2010, 2011
- Six-time U.S. Nationals champion
- World Champion, 2011
- World Championship Bronze Medal, 2009
- 29 World Cup Podiums
- 11 World Cup Wins