15 February 2013 - 17 February 2013
Friday, Feb 15, from 3:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.
Saturday, Feb 16, from 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
The 2013 Health and Fitness Expo at the Palmer Events Center features running gear and shoes, legendary runner speakers, live music, charities, and interactive features for the whole family. All participants are required to pick up their race packet during the expo hours at this location. While you're there get important race info and tips from speakers, shop the vendors, and more. Please plan to bring your own reusable shopping bag to fill up with running items and merchandise, though. Our vendors, in accordance with Austin city laws, will no longer be handing out single use plastic shopping bags!
FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 15
- 3:00 p.m. – Expo opens
- 4:00 p.m. – UNPLUGGED. Take this opportunity to ask three of the world's greatest runners what you've always wanted to know. No topic is off limits! Q&A Session with Arturo Barrios, Steve Jones and Dick Beardsley. Moderated by the one and only Bob Wischnia.
- 5:00 p.m. – Come listen to the master storyteller, Dick Beardsley, course record holder of Grandma's Marathon and Napa Valley Marathon. Rumor has it he may play a few tunes!
- 7:00 p.m. - Expo closes
SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 15
- 10:00 a.m. - Expo opens
- 11:00 a.m. – Don’t miss the one-time only course talk by race director, John Conley. John will be joined by Steve Jones, former marathon world record holder. They will both give you tips on how to run your best race.
- 12:00 p.m. – Meet the pace group leaders and learn about the benefits of joining them on race day, for free! There will be pacers for the following Boston qualifying times: 3:00, 3:05, 3:10, 3:15, 3:25, 3:30, 3:35, 3:40, 3:45, 3:55, 4:00, 4:10, 4:25, 4:40, 4:55
- 1:00 p.m. – Dr. Roger Parthasarathy of Seton Family Healthcare discusses Low Back Pain- The Non- Cutting Edge
- 2:00 p.m. – UNPLUGGED. Take this opportunity to ask three of the world's greatest runners what you've always wanted to know. No topic is off limits! Q&A Session with Arturo Barrios, Steve Jones and Dick Beardsley. Moderated by the one and only Bob Wischnia.
- 3:00 p.m. – This is a talk not to be missed! Come watch two very entertaining runners share stories. Bart Yasso and Dick Beardsley
- 4:00 p.m. – Brilliant Solutions' own Brant Winterbottom demonstrates the mobile app's features! Join the demonstration to learn how to to track a loved one on race day and get your questions answered.
- 6:00 p.m. - Expo closes
The Expo is located at the Palmer Events Center, 900 Barton Springs Rd. in Austin, TX. Parking is available onsite in the event center garage ($7/vehicle). We also encourage you to ride your bike. There are bike racks available at Palmer.
Please be aware that parking at Palmer Events Center is limited and there will be traffic delays during peak expo hours. To avoid delays, we recommend you get your packet as soon as the expo opens on Friday (3:00), or right before it closes on Friday (7:00).